Tips to Ensuring your PaymentPlus Terminal is cleaned correctly
Good cleaning best practices within businesses is more important now than ever. For the safety of you and your customers, PaymentPlus have constructed the below tips on how to properly clean your terminal. A clean terminal will extend the battery of life of your terminal by removing dirt, while also stopping the spread of viruses.
PaymentPlus recommend the below cleaning tips:
- Please ensure your terminal is turned off and unplugged before cleaning.
- To clean, please wipe the terminal clean with a dry, soft towel. A microfibre towel would be perfect for this.
- To disinfect, please use either a disinfectant wipe specifically designed for electronic devices or isopropyl alcohol solution (below 20% isopropyl alcohol solution) applied directly to a soft towel.
- Repeat this cleaning process throughout each day.
- Do not apply the isopropyl alcohol solution directly to the terminal.
- Do not use aerosol sprays, bleaches or abrasive cleaners such as scrub brushes or powders.
- Do not clean the electrical connections.
- Do not soak the terminal in cleaning liquid.
Please note that Contactless Transactions are highly recommended as the preferred payment method, as they reduce the need of physical touch between your business and the customer.